INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz sat out of training camp Friday due to a foot injury.
13Sports Director Dave Calabro reported Wentz is just being cautious as his foot is "bothering him."
Colts offensive coordinator Marcus Brady said Friday the quarterback "felt a little twinge in his foot" while rolling out and planting to throw toward the end of Thursday's practice. Wentz missed the end of the practice and met with doctors to further evaluate the injury.
There is no timeframe for Wentz's return.
"We should know something shortly. We're just kind of waiting right now," Brady said.
Second-year quarterback Jacob Eason stepped in for Wentz after he left Thursday's practice, then again on Friday. Rookies Sam Ehlinger and Jalen Morton also took reps in Friday's practice.
"He’s getting better every day, I thought he had a good practice yesterday," Brady said of Eason. "There’s a lot of good coaching points, a lot of plays, a lot of good film to be able to coach off of in today’s practice.”
Brady also said center Ryan Kelly is likely out for "a couple of weeks" with a possibly hyperextended elbow.
"I believe Marlon (Mack) ran into him at practice yesterday, just accidental. I think he’ll be out for probably a couple of weeks, but he’ll be OK," he said.
The team reported to camp Wednesday, with the first day on the field Thursday.
RELATED: Colts camp gets underway Wednesday
The Colts are back at the Grand Park Sports Complex for camp this year, and fans are invited to attend with COVID-19 protocols in place. To see the full training camp schedule, click here
Preseason games for the Colts will kick off Aug. 15 against the Carolina Panthers at Lucas Oil Stadium. The team will then travel to Minnesota to play the Vikings Aug. 21, and Detroit to play the Lions Aug. 27.
What other people are reading:
- Olympic gold medalist, Greenfield native Jaycie Phelps discusses pressure of competing at elite level
- 17 years later, Riley kid says Make-A-Wish experience changed trajectory of his life
- Woman accused of stealing nearly $250K from estate of fallen Terre Haute police officer
- VERIFY: When will the COVID pandemic be considered over?
- All the medals the US has won so far at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Simone Biles posts new training video to explain why she dropped out
- Westfield woman meets the LifeLine team that helped save her 8 years ago
- Scarlett Johansson sues Disney over ‘Black Widow’ release