BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — A man is dead after a shooting Wednesday morning in Bloomington.
Officers responded to the shooting at 4:50 a.m. in the 1600 block of North Kinser Pike at the Kinser Flats Apartments.
Officers found a man inside a bedroom of an apartment floor with an apparent gunshot wound. Medics pronounced the man dead at the scene.
Investigators interviewed several people throughout the building and reviewed surveillance camera footage.
Upon the completion of interviews, police determined that a man and the victim had been in an argument in the bedroom of the victim’s apartment.
Police said during the argument, the suspect pulled a gun and fired one round, which hit the victim in the head.
Police said the suspect ran from the building.
The Monroe County Coroner identified the victim as Tyshawn Carter of Bloomington.
The suspect, Kendrick Webb, was found Aug. 10 in Illinois. He has been charged with:
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Serious Violent Felon
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact Detective Jon Muscato at 812-349-3325.
What other people are reading:
- Abortion ban bill moves to full Senate for possible amendments
- Fishers teacher dies 2 weeks after Lawrence crash
- Pediatricians booked up, families rush to catch up on back-to-school immunizations
- 'They took him from me' | Search continues for suspects who fatally shot Delaware County Marine veteran who asked them to slow down
- 6-year-old girl from Afghanistan starts 1st day of school in Indiana
- 'I see him as my hero': Couple marries just 5 days after surviving Washington plane crash
- Chick-fil-A in downtown Indianapolis to open Aug. 4
- Former HSE assistant swimming coach charged with stalking in Wisconsin