INDIANAPOLIS — Delta Air Lines is adding three nonstop flights to Indianapolis for the College Football Playoff National Championship.
Delta’s one-time nonstop service will fly out of Birmingham, Huntsville and Savannah to Indy on Saturday, Jan. 8. Returning flights are scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 11, the day after the championship game.
“Delta literally has its eye on the ball with this one-time service opportunity for fans wanting to come join the excitement and fun rivalry in Indy that is sure to energize this much-hoped-for rematch of two titan college football teams,” said Indianapolis Airport Authority Executive Director Mario Rodriguez.
More than 100,000 fans are expected in the days leading up to the Jan. 10 championship game at Lucas Oil Stadium. Fans will generate $150 million in economic impact, according to Chris Gahl with Visit Indy.
The 2022 College Football Playoff National Championship will take place Monday, Jan. 10 at 8 p.m. ET. The game will air live on ESPN.
What other people are reading:
- 'The sweetest soul ever' | Muncie teacher remembers meeting with Betty White 35 years later
- Supply problems hit Indiana hospitals during surge in COVID-19 cases
- Nationwide shortage of caregivers impacting Indiana families
- Police discover missing 7-year-old girl hasn’t been seen in 2 years
- Here is how the Colts could still make the playoffs
- Popular Little Caesars Hot-N-Ready discount pizza sees price increase
- Starbucks announces new COVID vaccine policy
- Father goes out for milk, comes home with $1M lottery ticket