FORTVILLE, Ind. — Police are searching for a suspect in a Hancock County shooting that left a man critically injured on Sunday afternoon.
Investigators believe a car pulled up to a house in the 300 block of Park Creek Lane, near West Staat and West Garden streets, and opened fire.
Police said a man was shot in the face before running back into the house, grabbing a gun and returning fire.
The suspect took off and was chased by police through Hancock and Marion counties. When the chase reached Lawrence, police said they lost sight of the suspect's car. The search for the suspect was ongoing as of Sunday evening.
The man who was shot ran to neighboring houses for help. Police said he was taken to the hospital and was listed in critical condition.
The Fortville Police Department is taking lead on the investigation and the Hancock County Sheriff's Office is helping collect evidence.
GALLERY: Police investigate Fortville shooting
At the time of publishing, police had not yet identified the man who was shot or released further information about the suspect.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading:
- 5-year-old drowns, 3-year-old hurt in Hendricks County creek
- 3 American tourists found dead at Bahamas resort after some fell ill
- IMPD investigates 4 people shot in 3 incidents early Sunday
- Construction of 'tiny home village' to begin this year on Indianapolis' west side
- IMPD: Missing man in danger, possibly abducted
- Here's who took home the top spots at the 2022 Mini-Marathon
- Boone County man charged with wife's murder wins Republican primary for town board