TIPTON, Ind. — An Indianapolis woman died after a crash in Tipton County Sunday. The sheriff's department said 30-year-old Evette Yoder died when a semi hit her car.
Police said the crash happened shortly after 10 p.m. on U.S. 31 at Division Road.
Police said the semi, driven by 22-year-old Bruce J. Patterson, was headed north on U.S. 31 when it didn't stop at a red light. Yoder was driving westbound on Division Road when the semi hit her.
Police arrested Patterson on an initial charge of reckless homicide.
What other people are reading:
- Bail Project report: 73% of clients released and did not face additional arrest
- Judge makes ban on Bob Saget autopsy records release permanent
- 'I understand what my purpose is' | Former Indianapolis man's book seeks to help others overcome loss
- Firefighters make 'bone-chilling' discovery in northwestern Indiana lake
- Lyft to join Uber in adding fuel surcharge as gas prices surge
- Central Indiana nonprofit helping families fleeing Russian attacks in Ukraine
- Indiana-based Cummins explains why it’s continuing business in Russia during Ukraine war
- No, it’s not cheaper to fill a gas-powered vehicle than charge an electric one