INDIANAPOLIS — Three people are dead after a shooting on Indy's northside side Friday afternoon.
Police said the shooting happened at 5340 Holly Spring West Drive, near Interstate 465 and West 56th Street, around 1:45 p.m. on April 15. It was at the Oaks of Eagle Creek Apartments.
Police said Friday there was no threat to the public, and they were not looking for a suspect. Investigators said that preliminary evidence led them to believe the shooting was a murder-suicide.
On April 19, the Marion County coroner ruled the deaths of 22-year-old Summer Stamps and 47-year-old Vanel Stamps a homicide, and the death of 26-year-old Kris Martin a suicide.
What other people are reading:
- IMPD: Changes to red flag procedures are working 1 year after FedEx shooting
- Friday procession honors memory of Indianapolis man who died during Nevada RV trip
- Investigative genealogy cracking Indiana cold cases
- IU researchers developing rotavirus/norovirus oral infant vaccine
- Here's when Hoosiers can expect their $125 automatic tax refund
- Cat swept away by Texas tornado shows up the following day, says family
- Mom ‘filled with joy,’ announces daughter Tinslee Lewis is home after years-long legal fight to keep her on life support
- Tech company will implant payment chip into your hand