KOKOMO, Ind. — The Kokomo Police Department has arrested seven people in connection with the murder of a man.
On Dec. 23, 2020 around 12:06 a.m., officers responded to the area of 800 E. Broadway Street in reference to a shooting that occurred at a residence.
Officers were advised that an unknown suspect had shot an individual multiple times.
The victim, 42-year-old Sharman Pearson, was transported to St. Vincent Hospital but died of his injuries.
During the initial investigation, a suspect was identified as 18-year-old Terrence Ben from Chicago, Illinois. Ben was taken into custody on Feb. 9, 2021 at his home in Chicago.
As a result of the investigation, six more people were identified as being involved in the murder of Pearson.
On Feb. 22, 2021, Howard County Superior Court IV issued arrest warrants for following individuals:
- Kevonte Tyler (22 years old) - Conspiracy to commit murder and Obstruction of justice
- Amari Deaarion Anderson (20 years old) - Conspiracy to commit murder and Obstruction of justice.
- Marquis Darrionta Herron (19 years old) - Conspiracy to commit murder
- Dion Creed Smith (18 years old) - Conspiracy to commit murder
- Kyron Ardion McKnight (18 years old) - Conspiracy to commit murder
- Alexis James (19 years old) - Obstruction of justice
On Feb. 23, 2021, all six suspects were arrested without incident.
This case remains active for investigation.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Detective Brent Wines at 765-456-7342, or the Kokomo Police Department Hotline at 765-456-7017. You may qualify for a cash reward by calling Central Indiana Crime Stoppers at 1-800-262-TIPS with your anonymous tip.