DELAWARE COUNTY, Ind. — One man is dead and his neighbor is charged with murder after a shooting in northeastern Delaware County on Tuesday.
Police said the shooting happened around noon in the 12000 block of East 500 North, near Albany.
Delaware County Sheriff Tony Skinner told 13News the victim was pronounced dead at the scene and had been shot multiple times. A suspect, Cy Alley, is facing a murder charge.
The Delaware County Coroner's Office identified the victim as 59-year-old Jerald "Gary" Copley.
According to court documents, the Copley and Alley are neighbors. Alley allegedly told investigators he was having trouble with electricity at his house and believed Copley was "hacking into his network." Investigators said Alley told them he went to confront Copley and shot him four times.
Indiana State Police assisted the Delaware County Sheriff’s Department with the investigation.
What other people are reading:
- 'Terrible tragedy' | Sheriff's office identifies 3 ISU students killed in fiery crash near Terre Haute
- Experts: Women in Indiana could still manage medical abortion after new law takes effect
- Downtown Indianapolis bars Taps and Dolls, 247 Sky Bar close
- Large dinosaur tracks unearthed in dried-up Texas river
- New school year brings end to free lunches for most families
- 'Alice in Wonderland' escape room, pop-up bar coming to Indianapolis
- Stranger helps woman find her wedding ring after she loses it at New Hampshire beach
- Youngest pilot to fly solo around the world set to finish journey Wednesday