INDIANAPOLIS — Only three more sleeps until Christmas, and if you're still missing a present or two, gift cards work!
It's our "Season of Savings," and we're looking into What's the Deal with getting a discount on gift cards.
If you're getting one, there are ways to stretch their value, either with a discount or bonus.
One way to get a discount is to check out wholesale clubs.
If you're not a club member, look at your credit card benefits.
For example, Discover will let you redeem your cash back as gift cards instead, adding a bonus between 5 and 30%.
Right now, some restaurants are also running promotions.
Cunningham Restaurant Group, owners of spots including Livery and Bru Burger, are offering a $10 bonus for every $50 spent.
Keep in mind: Some of the bonus cards must be used within a few months.
Before you buy the gift card, check with someone who is close with the recipient to make sure they'll use it. Bankrate found U.S. adults have more than $20 billion in unused gift cards or other leftover credit.
What other people are reading:
- ‘Block her in! She’s stealing’ | Avon couple catches suspected porch pirate
- Navy personnel arrives in Indianapolis to assist with COVID surge
- Yes, most patients hospitalized because of COVID-19 are unvaccinated
- Greenfield man sentenced to 36 months on probation for taking part in Capitol riot
- Anderson council president proposes $150 vaccine incentive