INDIANAPOLIS — IMPD is investigating shootings that injured at least seven people in a span of about 30 minutes early Thursday morning.
An IMPD spokesperson said officers were called to reports of the sound of gunfire just before 12:30 a.m. at The Life at Belhaven Place apartments, which is near East 10th Street and Mitthoeffer Road on the city's far east side.
Police found two victims, a man and a boy, with apparent gunshot wounds. The man was taken to a hospital in stable condition. Neither of the injuries were believed to be life-threatening, according to police.
Around the same time, dispatchers learned that a person with a gunshot wound walked in to Community East Hospital. That victim was also said to be in stable condition. Police are investigating whether the shooting happened around 42nd Street & Meadows Drive on the city's northeast side.
Shortly after 1 a.m., officers were called to the 1900 block of North Dexter Street, a neighborhood not far from 19th & Harding streets on the city's near northwest side. Police found a person with what appeared to be a gunshot wound. IMPD said that victim was awake and breathing.
IMPD confirmed two people who walked in to Eskanzi Hospital were also shot in the incident on North Dexter Street. A spokesperson said two of those victims were in stable condition. The condition on the third person was not available.
Police haven't said whether they have suspects in any of the cases, nor whether motive is known in the shootings.
Anyone with information on the incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.
What other people are reading:
- Holcomb calls special session to address plan to return $225 to taxpayers
- Family of man who died in IMPD custody suing city and 6 officers
- Monkeypox detected in Indiana; health experts say threat remains low
- Teen's miraculous survival in Florida building collapse finds purpose
- Air travel is messy. What can I do if my flight is delayed or canceled?
- With talk of a new $225 tax refund for every Indiana taxpayer, what ever happened to the $125 refund promised last year?
- Record-breaking 18-foot, 215-pound Burmese python caught in Florida
- Michigan teens spend entire year building WWII era bunker on state land