INDIANAPOLIS — Say hello to the first cat of Indiana!
Gov. Eric Holcomb and his wife, Janet, have added a kitten to the family.
Topper took over the Twitter account of the first dog of Indiana, Henry Holcomb, to make the announcement.
The kitten is 4 months old and has been a member of the Holcomb family for five weeks.
In a follow-up tweet, Topper said she got her name from her enjoyment of climbing to the tip-top of trees.
Indiana First Cat Topper
And yes, there's an adorable video of Topper trying to catch a mouse toy pinned to a map of Indiana on the wall.
Henry, a 10-year-old miniature schnauzer, recently had surgery after tearing his cruciate ligament.
What other people are reading:
- Several central Indiana school districts to begin mask mandates Monday
- Teen arrested for his role in east side shooting of 15-year-old girl
- Little girl's Make-A-Wish will come true, thanks to Fishers fundraiser
- Indiana Dunes considers its first-ever entrance fees
- USDA to permanently boost food stamp benefits by 25 percent