INDIANAPOLIS — IMPD arrested a 17-year-old accused of shooting a McDonald's employee Aug. 2 at a restaurant on the city's east side.
The suspect was arrested for attempted robbery with a deadly weapon, battery with a deadly weapon, battery with injury and unlawful carrying of a handgun.
Police responded to a report of a person shot at 7822 Brookville Road, near Interstate 465 and South Franklin Road, around 1 p.m.
Investigators believe an employee and the 17-year-old customer got into a fight, which led to the shooting.
Police said the victim, who they only identified as a man, was believed to be in stable condition shortly after the shooting. There have been no additional updates.
The Marion County Prosecutor’s Office will make the final charging decision.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.
What other people are reading:
- House committee takes up abortion ban bill with major amendments; $225 tax refund added to Senate bill
- Here's when you can get the Mexican Pizza from Taco Bell again
- Muncie parents charged after 6-year-old son accidentally shoots, kills 5-year-old sister
- Elwood community remembers Ofc. Noah Shahnavaz
- The FAA wants to know what you really think about the size of airplane seats