INDIANAPOLIS — IMPD is investigating after police say a man shot an intruder at his home on the city's east side Friday morning.
Police responded to a report of a person shot in the 20 block of Wallace Lane, near Washington Street and Emerson Avenue, shortly before 8 a.m.
When officers arrived, they found a 14-year-old boy who had been shot. He was taken to Riley Hospital for Children with what are believed to be non-life-threatening injuries.
According to a preliminary investigation, detectives believe the resident came home and saw two males — one of them being the 14-year-old — in his home that he didn't know. The resident told police he shot one of the intruders.
Detectives said the second intruder left the scene, and they are attempting to identify him. According to police, he is Black and may have injuries to his face and/or hands.
The resident who shot one of the intruders remained on the scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact Det. Jerry Townsend at 317-327-3475 or email@example.com. Tips can also be made anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.
What other people are reading:
- Chuck Lofton announces return date to 13Sunrise
- Beverly Barker reflects on RV trip in Nevada that ended in death of her husband
- Family: 22-year-old American killed while fighting in Ukraine
- Crime Stoppers asks for help in cracking down on crime at Indianapolis bars, nightclubs
- Unique boutique hotel coming to Indianapolis' near west side this summer