LEBANON, Indiana — A Lebanon man is in jail for allegedly shooting his son Monday afternoon.
Police responded to a reported shooting on East Washington Street around 5:30 p.m. Monday and found a man with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. The victim, 28-year-old Eric B. Kidwell of Lebanon, told police his father, 50-year-old Eric S. Kidwell, was the person who shot him.
Officers found the father and took him into custody. After an interview with detectives at the Lebanon Police Department, the elder Kidwell was taken to the Boone County Jail. He has been preliminarily charged with battery with a deadly weapon and aggravated battery, both felony charges.
His son was taken to an Indianapolis hospital for treatment of his wounds. Police said Monday night his condition had stabilized.
Police said the public wasn't in immediate danger following the shooting but cautioned that the gun used in the alleged crime had not been located immediately following the shooting. Police found the gun Tuesday.
What other people are reading:
- Hoosiers helping with Hurricane Ida relief
- What are Indiana's school bus laws?
- Photos and videos: Hurricane Ida's vast damage apparent in daylight
- COVID cases soaring in Indiana schools even with many schools not reporting
- Indiana among 20 states suing over Biden administration school, work LGBTQ protections