INDIANAPOLIS — IMPD is investigating after two people were fatally shot early Wednesday evening.
The shooting happened around 7 p.m. in the 8800 block of Westfield Way, which is just southwest of East 91st Street and Westfield Boulevard.
Officers responding to a report of a person shot found two adult males with apparent gunshot wounds. Both men were taken to hospitals but were pronounced dead a short time later.
There's no word on suspects or a possible motive.
The Marion County coroner identified the deceased as 20-year-old Blake Coffman and 21-year-old Andrew Jones. Both men died from their gunshot wounds.
The shooting was among at least five reported to police in Indianapolis Wednesday night. Five people total were wounded in the four other shootings.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact Det. David Miller at IMPD Homicide, 317-327-3475 or David.Miller@indy.gov
Information can also be shared anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana by calling 317-262-8477 (TIPS).
What other people are reading:
- Indianapolis mom out of hospital after 'remarkable' recovery from COVID-19
- Columbus dad charged in death of 2-year-old Emma Sweet
- White House details Biden's winter plan for combating COVID-19
- Columbus community supports newborn of young father killed in Indianapolis
- Indiana 8th grader attacked at school, incident caught on camera
- Indianapolis family prays for miracle for son undergoing treatment for stage 4 cancer
- Terre Haute Police respond to viral video of officer and dog encounter
- 20-year-old man arrested in stabbing of 2 IMPD officers on city's near north side