FRANKLIN, Indiana — Police arrested eight men in a child solicitation sting taking place in Franklin, Indiana.
The Johnson County Sheriff's Office, Franklin Police Department, Morgan County Sheriff's Office, Martinsville Police Department, and the Johnson County Prosecutor's Office conducted a joint sting called "Operation Guardian" Tuesday.
Detectives posed as children younger than 14 in online chat rooms, and the men made plans to meet with them to solicit sex. According to the Johnson County Sheriff's Office, there were even warnings from others in that chat room that police frequented the room to pose as children.
Still, the men arranged to meet with them, then were arrested when they arrived at the agreed-upon location. They were transported to the Johnson County Jail.
These are the men who were arrested:
- Christopher L. McClain, 35, of Greenwood, Indiana
- Patrick McGough, 46, of Zionsville, Indiana
- Jesus Martinez, 28, of Pendleton, Indiana
- Kevin Hatchett, 60, of Nashville, Indiana
- John D. Fenes, 34, of Franklin, Indiana
- Deekshith Reddy Deva, 27 of Indianapolis, Indiana
- Danny J. Harris, 48, of Bloomington, Indiana
- Richard Gamman, 24, of Indianapolis, Indiana
Operation Guardian arrests
The Johnson County Prosecutor's Office will review the cases and decide on formal charges, which could include the following:
- Child solicitation
- Disseminating obscene/pornographic material to a minor
- Possession of methamphetamine
- Dealing in methamphetamine
- Resisting law enforcement
- Driving while suspended
Police say children are regularly being targeted in situations like these, and encouraged parents to monitor their children's internet use.
MORE: 8 men arrested in Jackson County human trafficking sting MORE: 8 men arrested in Jackson County human trafficking sting