INDIANAPOLIS — Tickets for the Indianapolis Zoo's largest annual fundraising event have sold out.
A spokesperson with the zoo confirmed tickets for Zoobilation 2022, presented by AES Indiana, sold out within 30 minutes of going on sale Tuesday, Feb. 1.
The theme for the 35th annual event is "Rockin' with the 'Roos" to mark the opening of the zoo’s newest exhibit, Kangaroo Crossing presented by Citizens Energy Group.
The event is scheduled for Friday, June 10, beginning at 5:30 p.m. with the Premium Experience, presented by Ice Miller LLP, followed by general admission from 7 p.m. to midnight. Live music begins when the sun sets.
The zoo expects more than 5,500 guests at this year's black-tie event, featuring tastings from dozens of central Indiana restaurants, and top-shelf cocktails, wines and other beverages, courtesy of the Republic National Distributing Company. Live music, presented by Bose McKinney & Evans LLP, begins when the sun sets.
All Zoobilation guests must be 21 or older.
Ticket prices are as follows:
- General admission (zoo members): $275
- General admission (nonmembers): $300
- Premium Experience (zoo members): $575
- Premium Experience (nonmembers): $600
As well as early access, Premium Experience ticket holders will be able to see the kangaroos up close and interact with several other species that Zoobilation supports. Also, these guests will get priority parking, an arrival gift and access to the airconditioned Red Roo Lounge in the Ascension St. Vincent Dolphin Pavilion.
All tickets are nonrefundable.
What other people are reading:
- Federal appeals court dismisses IU vaccine mandate case
- Budweiser's Clydesdales are back in Super Bowl teaser
- 'He's my little live hero': Northern Indiana boy credited with saving family in house fire
- Michigan woman finds winning $3 million lottery prize in her junk mail
- Veal's Ice Tree returns after 2 years away