INDIANAPOLIS — Ascension Medical Group St. Vincent is closing 11 of its immediate care centers. The businesses will be closed at the end of business Thursday, June 30.
A spokesperson with Ascension St. Vincent said impacted associates are being offered a comparable position at one of its other sites.
Primary care physician's offices attached to the closing walk-in clinics will remain open.
An employee, who preferred to stay anonymous, said she found out on Tuesday night during a virtual meeting.
"I still can't believe it. I am still going through the denial process," the employee said. "I was definitely in shock at first and then immediately I was just completely irritated and angry."
Employees were given similar positions at other sites within 50 miles of their current job, but for some, that commute isn't financially possible.
"Well, unfortunately, especially with gas prices, a lot of us can’t afford to drive very far," the employee said.
For her, the closest location is at least 40 miles away, leaving her no choice but to find a different job. She said it's a difficult task with only two days notice.
"I am going to have to find something because we can't afford to drive to the new location, and we can't afford to be a one-income household. So, it's a tough decision," the employee said.
In the meantime, she said she feels hurt and betrayed as she tries to figure out what's next for her family.
"I mean what do you do? What do you do?" she asked.
13News reached back out to Ascension St. Vincent for more clarification on how it is helping affected employees, but has not heard back.
Here are the list of locations set to close:
- Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent - Frankfort Walk-In Care
- Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent Anderson Walk-In Care and Occupational Medicine
- Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent - Elwood Walk-In Care and Occupational Health
- Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent Brownsburg Walk-In Care
- Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent Crawfordsville Walk-In Care
- Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent Fishers Walk-In Care
- Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent - Kokomo Walk-in Care and Occupational Medicine
- Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent Broad Ripple Walk-In Care
- Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent Warrick Walk-In Care
- Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent Westside Crossing Walk-In Care
- Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent Northside Crossing Walk-In Care
What other people are reading:
- 'It was unreal' | New Castle bowler rolls 3 perfect 300 games in 1 night
- Community Health Network to offer blood test for early detection of 50 cancers
- 'Most terrifying thing of my life' | Indy couple allegedly robbed by family member
- Family of man who died in IMPD custody suing city and 6 officers; Police release bodycam video
- Here's what you (and your neighbors) need to know about Indiana's fireworks laws