KOKOMO, Ind. — Kokomo police are investigating a deadly shooting that happened early Tuesday morning.
Police were called to the 800 block of North Ohio Street, near East Jefferson Street, around midnight on a report of a shooting in progress. Police found two male victims, one inside the home and one outside.
The man inside the home was shot in the head and was taken to St. Vincent Hospital, then flown to an Indianapolis hospital for further treatment. On Nov. 24, police learned that person, 69-year-old Rodney Toll, had died of his injuries.
The man outside the home, later identified as 29-year-old Joshua D. Briscoe, was found on the ground and had multiple gunshot wounds. Briscoe was pronounced dead at the scene.
Following an investigation, police arrested 38-year-old Zachary Thomas for murder. He was taken to the Howard County Criminal Justice Center.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call Captain Mike Banush at 765-456-7278 or the Kokomo Police Department Hotline at 765-456-7017.
What other people are reading:
- Police increasing patrols around Thanksgiving holiday
- Crossing guard who survived deadly crosswalk crash shares message for victim's family, suspects
- Wait times soar, patients turned away at Indiana veterinary hospitals
- Neighbors, lawmakers step up to help residents of Nora apartment complex after another fire
- Major changes coming to ease congestion around I-465 and I-69