INDIANAPOLIS — IMPD is investigating after two people were shot and killed on the city's east side Friday morning.
The shooting happened in the 6100 block of Nelson Place, near 10th Street and North Arlington Avenue.
Police were called around 10 a.m. for a welfare check on some family members. When officer arrived, they found two people who had been shot. Both people were pronounced dead at the scene.
The Marion County Coroner's Office later ruled the incident a murder-suicide. The two people were identified as 29-year-old Latia Scott and 30-year-old Dewayne Autman.
Family told investigators the two had been in a relationship, IMPD said.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.
IMPD also wanted to remind people that if they are in an abusive relationship, or knows someone who is, they can call the Julian Center at 317-920-9320 for assistance.
What other people are reading:
- Shelby County walk-in COVID-19 testing clinic draws people from surrounding counties, states
- What's the best way to tell if it's a cold, the flu or COVID?
- Bon Jovi announces April tour stop in Indianapolis
- Co-star: Beloved actress, comedian Betty White spoke husband's name as last words
- 12-year-old boy will soon start classes at Arizona State University