INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - The Libertarian Party of Indiana selected their nominees for Governor and Lieutenant Governor at a weekend convention in Indianapolis.
Donald Rainwater of Westfield was nominated as the Libertarian Party candidate for Governor.
Rainwater, a 1981 graduate of Warren Central High School, served eight years in the Navy and has worked in software engineering and information technology for the past 20 years, according to the party's announcement.
He ran for Westfield Mayor in 2019.
His campaign platform pledges to reduce or abolish taxes for Indiana residents.
William Henry, a Plainfield resident, is the party's candidate for Lieutenant Governor.
United States Congress
- Edward Strauss, US Congress District 1
- Ken Tucker, US Congress District 5
- Tom Ferkinhoff, US Congress District 6
- James Rodenberger, US Congress District 8
- Tonya Millis, US Congress District 9
- Morgan Rigg, Indiana State Representative District 52
Indiana State Legislature
- Russell Brooksbank, Indiana State Representative District 71
- Michael Rennaker, Indiana State Representative District 82
- Jason Eicholtz, Indiana State Representative District 83
- Crystal Henry, Indiana State Representative District 91
- Mark Renholzberger, Indiana State Representative District 97
Local candidates will be nominated at county conventions.