INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) — All are welcome to celebrate the grand opening of the Kurt Vonnegut Museum and Library.
KVML will open in its new home Saturday, Nov. 9 with an all-day VonnegutFest at 543 Indiana Avenue.
The flatiron-style building will be home to three floors of multiple exhibitions, including artifacts, interactive activities and a café to be called Mr. Rosewater — in reference to a recurring Vonnegut character.
Grand Opening and VonnegutFest Schedule:
- Noon: Grand opening with ribbon cutting
- 1 p.m.: Happy Birthday, Wanda June - celebrate the new exhibition based on the Vonnegut play
- 2 - 4 p.m.: So It Goes Literary Journal release party and readings
- 5 p.m.: Unveiling of the Frank and Katarina Basile Community Room
- 5:30 p.m.: Veterans Reclaim Armistice Day - Unveiling of the Slaughterhouse-Five permanent exhibition and a special Slaughterhouse-50 show of works by L.A. artist Lance Miccio
- 7 p.m.: Grand opening concert with The Groove 4tet
- 8 p.m.: standup comedian and Kurt Vonnegut Humor Award winner Scott Long
Tickets to the grand opening and VonnegutFest are on sale for $15 or $75 for the VIP package. which includes one free drink ticket, reserved seating and a KVML tote bag.