INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) – If you had to go to the store this weekend, you may have noticed a lot more people wearing face masks.
In President Trump's White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing Friday, the president said the CDC now recommends people wear them in public.
But they don't want you wearing the types of masks that doctors and first responders need. They want you to wear a cloth one.
In a video posted by the Surgeon General, he shows us that you don't have to know how to sew to make one.
You can easily make a mask with things you can find around the house, like an old scarf, a bandana, a hand towel or an old T-shirt.
Here are the steps:
- Fold it to the middle from the bottom.
- Fold it to the middle from the top.
- Fold it again to the middle from the bottom and again from the top.
- Take two rubber bands. and put one around each side of the folded cloth.
- Then you fold either side to the middle.