Indianapolis Fire Department

Heater fire causes significant damage to southwest side auto body shop

Published:
Updated:
A large fire at a southwest side body shop Thursday night caused heavy damage to the business.Read more

Firefighters called to Allison Transmission

Published:
No injuries were reported from a fire at Allison Transmission on 10th Street Monday morning.Read more

IFD encouraging summer reading with community outreach truck

Published:
Updated:
IFD's Community Outbreak Mobile Education Truck made it's debut Thursday.Read more


Teenager arrested in apartment arson

Published:
Updated:
Police have not said what the motive was for the fire.Read more

Crews rescue woman trapped in silo

Published:
Updated:
Emergency crews pulled a homeless woman from the bottom of a silo on the northeast side of Indianapolis Saturday.Read more

Victim of deadly house fire on North Kitley Avenue identified

Published:
Updated:
63-year-old Douglas E. Martin has been identified as the victim in a house fire Tuesday evening on the northeast side.Read more

UPDATE: East side building fire ruled arson

Published:
Updated:
A Sunday morning fire destroyed a vacant building on the near east side of Indianapolis. Investigators say the fire was set intentionally.Read more

Family credits doorbell camera for escape from east side fire

Published:
Updated:
An Indianapolis family is still trying to recover from a fire that was captured on their home's doorbell camera.Read more

Overnight house fire on northeast side claims two lives

Published:
Updated:
Authorities have identified the couple who died when their northeast side house burned early Saturday morning.Read more


Franklin firefighters get grant that gives them green light in emergencies

Published:
Updated:
The City of Franklin just got a grant for new equipment on traffic lights that will let emergency crews get through intersections and to victims faster.Read more

Couple escapes overnight house fire

Published:
Updated:
A northeast side couple escaped an overnight house fire that started in their attic.Read more