x

13 WTHR Indianapolis | Indianapolis Local News & Weather

Muggy meter as bad as it gets in central Indiana

Rain chances increase Tuesday, Wednesday
Credit: WTHR
Heat heat indices were near or above 100° at times Monday, despite temperatures not technically reaching 90 degrees.

INDIANAPOLIS —
East and west of this location mainly avoided the downpours, but certainly no dodging the highly humid air, at least into the middle of next week.

An upper disturbance arriving in Illinois overnight ups the odds for greater coverage of rain/storms Tuesday and Wednesday, when we're forecasting a 50-70% chance versus the 30% probability today.

This upper feature is expected to drift around the region a few days before departing by the upcoming holiday weekend.

A wind shift to the north-northeast drops dew points into the 60s later this week for a little bit of relief from the stifling air. However, it won't drop high temperatures and likely the slightly drier air makes it more possible to hit 90s for several days... including the 4th of July.

As of now, odds of rain/storms Friday into early next week remain low.

Credit: WTHR
Credit: WTHR
Credit: WTHR
Credit: WTHR
Credit: WTHR
Credit: WTHR
Credit: WTHR
Credit: WTHR
Credit: WTHR