WATCH: Oklahoma deputy saves choking child

A three-year-old boy is doing much better after a sheriff's deputy helped save him from a choking fit. (Photo: The Shawnee News-Star)
Published:
Updated:

SHAWNEE, Okla. (WTHR) - An Oklahoma sheriff's deputy was in the right place to save a child's life.

According to the News-Star in Shawnee, Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Deputy William Wheeler was on his way to work when he saw a mother waving for help. The woman, Victoria Terrill, stopped on her way home from dinner when her son Chaz began choking.

As Terrill told Wheeler she thought her 3-year-old son was choking on a sucker, the deputy went to work to help the child.

After a series of firm pats to the back, Chaz coughed up a quarter and began feeling better.

"He's our guardian angel," Terrill told the newspaper.

Filed under: