LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — It's beginning to look a lot like autumn in the most magical place on earth.
Walt Disney World Resort is putting up all of its fall decor, featuring Mickey pumpkin wreaths along Main Street, U.S.A. in Magic Kingdom, along with changing characters' costumes up for a fall vibe and adding autumn-inspired food and drinks to menus across the property.
While Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party was canceled this year due to restricted capacity for the COVID-19 pandemic preventive measures, the House of Mouse is still making sure it's a fall to remember.
It's the first time guests of all ages will be allowed to wear their Halloween costumes inside the parks during regular park hours, from Sept. 15 through Oct. 31, in celebration of the spooky season.
Magic Kingdom is also adding other fall- and Halloween-themed fun during the same time frame, including a Halloween-themed cavalcade featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and pals dressed in their Halloween costumes that will careen down Main Street, U.S.A. Chip 'n Dale will also be decked out in costume in Frontierland, and other characters can be spotted in their Halloween garb riding the horse-drawn trolley up and down Main Street.
No trip to Disney during Halloween season would be complete without a spooky souvenir. Halloween-themed merchandise will be available in select retail shops around the park, including a new spirit jersey, Loungefly backpack, candy-swirl Minnie Mouse ears and a selection of apparel inspired by Disney Villains.
Arguably the best part of a Disney day trip or vacation is the food and drinks. The park will celebrate the season with a ton of special menu items, according to the Disney Parks Blog's Foodie Guide to 2020 Fall Treats. Here are just a few of the exciting examples:
- Mickey Cinnamon Roll (Available at Main Street Bakery) – Mickey-shaped cinnamon roll drizzled with orange and white icing.
- Cinnamon Donuts (Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café) – Served in a Hitchhiking Ghost Novelty container.
- Constance’s For Better or For Worse Wedding Cake (Available at Liberty Square Market) – Citrus cake with raspberry Bavarian cream, whipped cream flowers, and a chocolate axe.
- Pumpkin Spiced Waffle Sundae (Available at Sleepy Hollow) –Pumpkin spice-flavored waffled topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and sprinkles.
- Pumpkin Spice Milkshake (Available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies) – Topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, sprinkles, and a Mickey-shaped marshmallow straw.
- Mickey Monster Mash Burger (Available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café) – Burger with Meunster cheese, potato barrels, bacon, and sriracha aïoli.
- Not So Poison Apple Cupcake (Available at Pinocchio Village House) – A spiced apple cupcake with pecan crunch buttercream themed after a poison apple.
And that's just at Magic Kingdom! The Foodie Guide outlines all the special treats at all four parks.
There will also be themed photo opp spots at select locations throughout Magic Kingdom.