LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (WTHR) – Whether you’re a year old or you’re 100 years old, Disney World is known to be one of the happiest places on Earth. Crowds of people and not knowing the rules though can suck the magic right out of any family vacation.
First things first, download the My Disney Experience app. It’s a digital lifeline to all things Disney. You can make reservations, check out wait times, order food and find out where things are if you’re lost. Walt Disney World also suggests customizing your MagicBand before your trip. Disney launched these MagicBands about five years ago. These rubber wristbands act as your park tickets, your hotel room key, your method of payment and much more.
Now, if you have kids with different interests, you’ll want to take advantage of the Rider Switch Pass. This feature allows parents to take turns waiting with little ones who are too young to ride certain rides or are just unable to ride altogether. According to Walt Disney World here’s how it works: “One adult can wait with the non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again!” For a list of all the attractions that offer Rider Switch, click here.
- Selfie Sticks
- Folding Chairs
- Glass containers
- Masks/Costumes (unless you’re under 14 years old)
What you CAN bring into the Parks
- Small glass containers of baby food
- Refillable water bottles
- Suitcases, coolers or backpacks, with or without wheels, smaller than 24” long x 15” wide x 18” high
Walt Disney World Fast Facts
- Disney World is about the same size as San Francisco.
- Nearly 400,000 square feet of tunnels run under the Magic Kingdom. You can explore some of the underground tunnels with behind-the-scenes VIP experience!
- There’s a suite at the top of the clock tower of Cinderella’s Castle. An overnight stay is by invitation only.
- None of the shops in Disney sell gum.
- Adults can order off the kid’s menu.
- You can get free ice water from soda fountain machines.
- You can bring food into the parks.