FLORIDA (WTHR) — There's a reason thousands of people flock to Florida every spring and it's not because of Spring Break.
More than a dozen baseball teams have their spring training in Florida where fans of the sport can see how the team has faired in the off season.
Spring training starts at the end of February for all professional baseball teams and lasts for about a month before the start of the regular Major League Baseball season at the end of March.
So, if you're in the state in February or March, you may want to catch a game:
- Brandenton: Pittsburgh Pirates
- Clearwater: Philadelphia Phillies
- Dunedin: Toronto Blue Jays
- Fort Myers: Boston Red Sox and Minnesota Twins
- Jupiter: Miami Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals
- Lakeland: Detroit Tigers
- North Port, Florida (35 miles south of Sarasota: Atlanta Braves
- Port Charlotte: Tampa Bay Rays
- Port St. Lucie: New York Mets
- Sarasota: Baltimore Orioles
- Tampa: New York Yankees
- West Palm Beach: Washington Nationals and Houston Astros