INDIANAPOLIS - Watch for construction barrels and road crews on most of I-465 on the south side this weekend.
INDOT crews are scheduled to pave overnight on eastbound I-465 between I-70 on the west side and State Road 37 on the south side beginning Friday night and lasting through the weekend. Two lanes will remain open at all times, but football fans should consider the lane restrictions as they head south from Indianapolis to Bloomington for Saturday's IU-Ball State game that kicks of at 4:00 p.m.
Crews will also be pouring new concrete on I-465 eastbound between Emerson Avenue and Brookville Road beginning Friday night, weather permitting. That southeast side stretch of I-465 will be reduced to one lane until Monday morning.
Several lanes and ramps will close Friday night on the east side in the I-70/I-465 interchange:
- Southbound I-465 access to eastbound I-70 will be totally closed until Monday morning.
- Northbound I-465 to westbound I-70 will see a right shoulder closure.
- The eastbound ramp from I-70 to northbound I-465 will have one lane closed.
- Northbound I-465 will have the two left lanes closed between 21st Street and 30th Street, with a third lane closed north of I-70 up to 30th.
- Bridge work will keep northbound I-465 down to one lane at I-70.
Drivers heading westbound on I-70 out of downtown will see lane restrictions at Harding Street for bridge work. Through traffic will be down to one lane and the westbound exit to Harding will be closed until Monday.