COLUMBUS, Ind. — A man died Monday afternoon after crashing an SUV into a house in Columbus.
The crash happened in the 4400 block of Osprey Drive, near Central Avenue and Rocky Ford Road, around 12:30 p.m.
The driver of the SUV was unresponsive when police got to the scene. He was taken to Columbus Regional Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
According to a preliminary investigation, police believe the man drove across a bean field and through a privacy fence before crashing into the house.
Police said the house was occupied at the time, but nobody else was injured in the crash.
The driver has not been identified at this time.
What other people are reading:
- 1st grader insists on wearing mask for school photo, goes viral
- Indiana identical twins, always in sync, facing cancer battles together
- Indiana DNR to stock state waters with thousands of channel catfish
- WATCH: IMPD officers show off cartwheeling skills
- Martinsville could consider proposed law that would ban vaccine or mask mandates for citizens