Taiwan man accidentally swallows AirPod

Apple AirPods stock photo. (Photo: Pixabay)
Published:
Updated:

TAIWAN (WTHR) – A man from Taiwan was shocked when he found out that he had swallowed one of his AirPods - and it still worked later on.

According to the Daily Mail, Ben Hsu reportedly fell asleep while wearing the wireless Apple earbuds. When he woke up, he found that one of them was missing.

After unsuccessfully trying to find the earbud, he used Apple's tracking feature to find it.

Hsu heard the beeping sound but couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

"I checked under my blanket and looked around but couldn't find it — then I realized the sound was coming from my stomach," he said, according to the Daily Mail.

Medics at the Kaohsiung Municipal Hospital confirmed that the AirPod was in his stomach and was in the process of passing through his digestive system, the report said.

Hsu found the AirPod the next day after it naturally passed through the digestive system.

Hsu was able to fish it out of the toilet and discovered that the earbud was fully intact and still working.

Filed under: