MINNEAPOLIS — Brooklyn Nets star point guard Kyire Irving has made headlines recently after an ex-NBA player said he bought a house for the family of George Floyd.
On "The Rematch" podcast, former NBA player Stephen Jackson, a close friend of Floyd, listed all the support Floyd's daughter, Gianna, had received from celebrities. Jackson rattled off names of musicians and actors before mentioning Irving had bought the Floyd family a house.
"Kyrie Irving bought them a house. Lil Wayne's manager bought them a Mercedes-Benz. Barbra Streisand gave them stock in Disney," Jackson said.
George Floyd died while in Minneapolis police custody last spring, sparking nationwide outrage over racial injustice and police brutality.
- President Biden signs first executive orders on climate, coronavirus
- 10 facts about Kamala Harris, America's history-making vice president
- Third stimulus check: When could you get $1,400 now that Biden is officially the president?
- 14 Manatee County sheriff's deputies served at Biden's inauguration
- Why the 'frozen tundra' may not be a disadvantage Sunday for Bucs in Green Bay
- How to get a COVID-19 vaccine at Publix
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter