Robbery victim afraid to go to work

(WTHR photo Rich VanWyk)
Trio accused of robbing cell phone stores
Cell phone store robberies on the rise
Published:
Updated:

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - Armed robbers after expensive cell phones and cash aren't letting up. Police say they hit three stores on Saturday, one in the Castleton area, another on Michigan Road and Kessler and a third on Emerson near 465.

Police arrested three suspects in the south side robbery.

Two armed men left with smart phones, smart watches and computer tablets. A short time later police arrested 23-year-old Shaiquan Addison, 18-year-old Keshon Polk and 19-year-old Dekagle Wallace.

All three suspects are jailed on preliminary charges of robbery.

"It gives me some relief that I can back to work and it is going to be a safe environment," said America Navarro.

Navarro hasn't been back to work since last week when three teenagers held up a west side cell phone store where she works.

Security cameras recorded the ordeal.

Navarro can't forget it.

"The guy with the gun was just pointing it at my forehead. He told the other guys to get the cell phones. Get the money," she explained. "I was scared for my life. I was just shaking you know? In my head I was thinking about my family," Navarro added.

Other workers are feeling that same fear. For months armed robbers have targeted cell phone stores in Indianapolis and the surrounding counties.

Sources tell Eyewitness News detectives believe several groups of men are responsible.

Investigators are trying to determine if the suspects arrested Saturday are connected to other robberies.

Navarro is struggling. "I can't sleep," she said. "I keep dreaming about the guy pointing at me with the gun and then he shoots. In slow motion I see the bullet and that's when I wake up in the middle of the night," screaming she said and too afraid to go to work.

"I'm scared," Navarro explained. "I'm really scared that somebody is just going to walk in there and just do the same thing over again."

Filed under: