INDIANAPOLIS — An Indianapolis Zoo staff member is recovering after being injured by a warthog Tuesday morning.
Zoo officials said the incident was contained to an off-exhibit holding area, and there was no danger to the public.
Zoo officials said staff responded immediately, and emergency personnel arrived onsite within minutes of the incident.
The keeper was alert and awake when transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
What other people are reading:
- Yes, 99.3% of new COVID-19 cases are in people who are not fully vaccinated
- Indiana native's body found burning on Georgia road
- Second murder charge filed in beating death of 55-year-old man in Flora
- Marion County offering incentives to get vaccinated
- Background checks blocked a record high 300,000 gun sales