x
Breaking News
More () »

13 WTHR Indianapolis | Indianapolis Local News & Weather

WATCH: Vets safely pull beach towel out of pet python's mouth

Monty's owner said the python is back to her happy, hungry self — but let's hope her appetite for towels is met and over with.
day_python_swallows_beach_towel_facebook_hide_media_web

WARNING: The video may be disturbing to some as it shows the insides of a python and removal of a large material from the pet's mouth.

SYDNEY (WTHR) — An Australian pet is safe after veterinarians were able to safely remove a beach towel the animal ate.

The Small Animal Specialist Hospital in Sydney, Australia, reports Monty, an 18-year-old female jungle carpet python, swallowed an entire beach towel, so her owner brought her to the Avian and Exotics Department at SASH.

SASH said Monty was anesthetized, and radiographs were taken to confirm the location of the start of the towel.

With the help of a flexible endoscope placed down her gastrointestinal tract, vets were able to locate the end of the towel in her stomach and were able to use long forceps placed through the endoscope to grab the towel.

The towel was safely removed, and SASH reports Monty was discharged from the hospital on the same day.

Monty's owner said the python is back to her happy, hungry self — but let's hope her appetite for towels is met and over with.