x

13 WTHR Indianapolis | Indianapolis Local News & Weather

Dog swallows owner's engagement ring

Even when dog's make the biggest of mistakes, they're still good boys, right?
A dog swallowed his owner's engagement ring and had to be given medicine to vomit it back up. (Facebook/Valley Farms Animal Hospital)

PRETORIA, South Africa (WTHR) — Even when dog's make the biggest of mistakes, they're still good boys, right?

One woman in South Africa now has a good story to tell after her dog swallowed her engagement ring.

The Valley Farm Animal Hospital cared for the pointer named Pepper after the incident.

"Do I look a little nauseous?" the hospital wrote with photos of Pepper. "That's because the vet has given me something to make me vomit! Not because the vet is a meanie but because I ate my Mom's engagement ring!!! Don't ask! It seemed like a good idea at the time."

Whatever the vet gave Pepper, it worked. The ring came back up "as good as new."

Better to come up this way than out the other.