KINGS MILLS, Ohio — An Ohio high school student got a very special surprise before her graduation ceremony over the weekend.
NBC affiliate WLWT reports Grace Macke didn't think her dad, Master Sgt. Drew Macke, would be able to come home for her graduation from Kings High School.
Drew was deployed to the Middle East in the fall.
Thanks to the U.S. Air Force, Grace's dad was able to come home early and surprise her.
Grace was called to the stage before her graduation ceremony, along with her family.
She thought she would just be viewing a video message from her dad, but instead, he came out onto the stage to surprise her.
What other people are reading:
- 13 to the Rescue: Viral post brings much-needed exposure to Grant County nonprofit animal rescue
- After COVID-19-related financial problems, woman may not be able finish her degree at UIndy
- 10 years later: Susie Wheldon is more than a survivor as she keeps her husband's legacy alive
- These stores plan to keep requiring masks for now
- Monthly child tax credit payments begin July 15. Here's what you need to know