SANDUSKY, Ohio (WTHR) — Cedar Point has outlined its plans to open with new health and safety protocols.
Last week, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine said amusement parks have been given the green light to open for the 2020 season starting June 19 after a delayed start due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The theme park will be open to 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold and Platinum Passholders only on July 9 and 10.
Beginning July 11, the theme park will open to Cedar Point Resorts guests and 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold and Platinum Passholders.
The following health and safety protocols will be implemented upon the park's opening:
- A new online reservation system to manage capacity and facilitate appropriate social distancing
- A health screen and temperature check before each guest, associate or vendor enters the park
- New social distancing protocols throughout the parks
- The requirement for guests, associates, and vendors to wear masks as directed by protocols
- An abundance of hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the parks
- Increased cleaning and sanitization procedures of all high-touch areas throughout the parks
- Technology enhancements the company implemented to facilitate a safe guest experience were previously announced
Guests can make their reservation and facilitate their park visit with Cedar Point's free mobile app when they become available to 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold or Platinum Passholders, followed by guests who have pre-purchased day tickets.
Reservation availability for guests who have not yet purchased a park ticket will be announced at a later date.
Both Kings Island and Cedar Point are allowing all 2020 season passes be good through the 2021 season due to the coronavirus pandemic.