Breaking News
More () »

Woman dies, security guard detained in east side shooting

It happened just after midnight Friday near 42nd Street and Brentwood Drive.

INDIANAPOLIS — A woman wounded in an east side shooting has died, and a security guard has been detained in the case, according to IMPD. The Marion County Coroner's Office identified the victim as 25-year-old Naytasia Williams. She died of multiple gunshot wounds and the manner of death was homicide.

The incident happened just after midnight Friday morning near 42nd Street and North Brentwood Drive, just east of Post Road.

According to IMPD, officers were investigating a disturbance and discovered Williams with an apparent gunshot wound. She was taken to Eskenazi Hospital where she later died.

Shortly after 10:15 a.m. IMPD said in a tweet that the private security guard hired by an area housing complex was detained for involvement in the shooting. That guard, according to sources, is Melvin Eugene Hall II has since been released.

Detectives interviewed multiple witnesses and identified the guard as a potential suspect. No arrest has been made at this time. The Marion County Prosecutor’s Office will make the final determination regarding charges.

Hall works for private security firm and is not associated with any local, state or federal law enforcement agency, according to IMPD.

While police were investigating the shooting, a security guard's vehicle was found burning nearby. The cause of that fire is also under investigation.

If you have information on the shooting, contact the IMPD Homicide office at (317) 327-3475 or Crime Stoppers at (317) 262-TIPS.

Security guard's background

13 Investigates looked into the owner of Superior Tactical Response Agency, the company that was handling security at the complex.

The owner, Melvin Eugene Hall II, previously owned Urban Tactical Response Agency LLC. That company had its license revoked in July of 2015 after it was found that he falsified information on his application to license a security agency. Urban Tactical could not reapply for a license for seven years.

Hall was also said to have failed to identify a previous employer where he was fired for professional misconduct. The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency said Hall misidentified himself as a member of IMPD or the sheriff’s department at various times.

A $15,000 fine was assessed along with $3,000 in restitution to complexes where they found Hall was billing for services that were not being rendered.


Paid Advertisement

Before You Leave, Check This Out