INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) — Where will you go to get in the holiday spirit?
A new lights show at the Indiana State Fairgrounds looks to compete with two iconic holiday traditions.
- Nov. 23—Dec. 30
- Indianapolis Zoo: 1200 West Washington Street
- Prices vary depending on the day
- Ticket prices will always be higher at the gate, so purchase tickets online
- $8 parking; members park for free
The Indianapolis Zoo was the first zoo in the country to feature a holiday lights event more than 50 years ago!
Santa's Village is a new addition to this year's event, featuring a visit with Santa, treat decorating with Mrs. Claus, a few of Santa's reindeer, penguin encounter and more.
- Nov. 8—Jan. 1, 2020
- Indiana State Fairgrounds: 1202 East 38th Street
- $7 per person
- Free for children 3 years old and under
- $30 "Carload Special" of up to nine passengers
The inaugural family-friendly event features a 2-mile car ride through more than 1 million LED lights powered by 50,000+ computer channels.
Part of the event's proceeds will benefit The Salvation Army, Toys for Tots and Gleaners Food Bank's Pack the Pantries.
- Nov. 27—Jan. 5, 2020
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway: 4790 West 16th Street
- $40 Auto Speedy Pass (1 to 14 passengers)*
- $25 Auto Standard Pass (1 to 14 passengers) (Monday—Wednesday)
- $30 Auto Standard Pass (1 to 14 passengers) (Thursday—Sunday)
- $100 15+ Passenger Speedy Pass
The two-mile course through the IMS infield and historic oval features more than 2.5 million bright lights.
More than 500,000 new lights have been added this year as part of the three dozen new displays and illumination along the front stretch of the oval.
*Auto Speedy Pass prices increase after opening night, so purchase your tickets in advance!