INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis made the TIME magazine list of "World's Greatest Places of 2021." One hundred destinations from across the globe round out the list.
Indianapolis was chosen for being a smaller city packed with "standout restaurants, museums and sports centers." Noted in the description for Indianapolis is the Bottleworks District.
TIME wrote that the third annual list is a tribute to people and businesses at the forefront of travel, tourism and hospitality. The list features those who were able to adapt, build and innovate during the pandemic.
The magazine solicited nominations of places – including countries, regions, cities and towns – using its international network of correspondents and contributors.
What other people are reading:
- Oldest Olympic athlete in Tokyo is 66-year-old grandma in 7th Games
- Blue Origin's Jeff Bezos reaches space on 1st passenger flight
- Park ranger pens heartbreaking post about mother bear calling for cub hit, killed by car
- Indianapolis HGTV star 'pranks' porch pirates
- He's 2 years old. She's about to turn 100. They've formed a friendship across a backyard fence you have to see