INDIANAPOLIS — This week, 13News sports director Dave Calabro's search for your positive, uplifting stories took him to Rise'n Roll, a popular Fishers outlet for tasty baked goods.
Dave asked Roger, self-described “grand poobah” of the bakery, to share his good news.
“We’re lucky to live in Indiana,” he said. “That’s one good thing. The state is always rated as one of the best states in the country to live in.”
“And the doughnuts are great,” Dave added.
Clay stopped by to say his family is happy about a recent milestone for their child.
“Our daughter, Olivia, is starting school,” he said. “Preschool.”
And we asked one young passerby how many doughnuts he thought he could eat. He mulled the question for a few seconds.
“Four,” he responded. Then Dave invited him to take at least a couple from our tray.
“Whoa!” he said, this time without hesitation.
You can see all of Dave's Rise'n Roll visit in the media player, and check out some archived Good News stories in the links below.
What other people are reading:
- Indianapolis mom out of hospital after 'remarkable' recovery from COVID-19
- Columbus dad charged in death of 2-year-old Emma Sweet
- White House details Biden's winter plan for combating COVID-19
- Columbus community supports newborn of young father killed in Indianapolis
- Indiana 8th grader attacked at school, incident caught on camera
- Indianapolis family prays for miracle for son undergoing treatment for stage 4 cancer
- Terre Haute Police respond to viral video of officer and dog encounter
- 20-year-old man arrested in stabbing of 2 IMPD officers on city's near north side