MARTINSVILLE, Ind. — Police arrested a wanted man accused of robbing a Martinsville bank Friday afternoon.
The Martinsville Police Department said that around 3 p.m., a man robbed the Citizens Bank at 1360 E. Morgan St.
He took an unspecified amount of money, then fled. In a news release, Martinsville Police said he got away before officers responding to the alarm could arrive. Employees said the man drove away in a white car.
No one was injured during the robbery.
During their search for the man, police shared several photographs from the robbery, including pictures of the suspect and vehicle.
The man was located and arrested early Saturday morning. Police have not identified him by name.
At the time of his arrest, police said, a "significant portion" of the money he stole was also recovered.
The Martinsville Police Department announced the arrest Saturday afternoon and thanked a number of police agencies who helped with the search.
The department also credited the public saying, "Without the public's input about the identity of the suspect after seeing the security footage, apprehension might have taken much longer or not happened at all."
What other people are reading:
- 'Pure evil:' 10 killed in Buffalo, NY shooting labeled as hate crime
- 'Aladdin,' 'Hamilton,' 'Les Mis' Broadway musicals coming to Indianapolis
- Indian couple longing for grandchild suing son, his wife unless they have baby
- Indianapolis woman shares story of abortion after getting raped
- Roger Penske has a vision for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and what his legacy will be
- 'Overwhelming response from the community' helped IMPD identify road rage suspect who allegedly pointed firearm at 17-year-old