ANDERSON, Ind. — Anderson Police are investigating after a lone suspect robbed a First Merchants Bank branch.
It happened at 4:21 p.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of East 53rd Street.
Police said the armed suspect jumped onto a bank counter and demanded money. He fired a single shot inside the bank. No one was injured.
After obtaining an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled on foot and was last seen going east from the bank.
If you have information, contact Det. Jake Brooks at (765) 648.6655.
What other people are reading:
- No, Afghan refugees are not disappearing, and the FBI has not found and removed Taliban members from Camp Atterbury
- 'Something seemed off,' says witness of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie's fight
- Black bear sightings on the rise in Indiana
- 'It's the worst version of it': Muncie nurse goes viral with COVID-19 post
- Pendleton Heights High School sued over treatment of LGBT student group