INDIANAPOLIS — A police pursuit ended when a truck struck a house on Indianapolis' near south side early Tuesday morning.
Shortly after 12:30 a.m., officers located the truck of a man with several active warrants, including possession of cocaine, auto theft, and possession of a controlled substance, IMPD said. The truck was traveling at a high speed at the time, police said.
Officers recognized the truck, confirmed that it was stolen, and a pursuit began.
During the pursuit, the suspect ran into a police car and ended up crashing into a porch of a house in the 2100 block of South Pennsylvania Street, just north of East Raymond Street.
After the crash, the suspect, identified by IMPD as Cody Goode, surrendered to officers and was taken into custody, police said.
During the pursuit, the truck went off the road and onto railroad tracks. A pursuing police car hit something and got stuck on the tracks.
There was significant damage to the front of the house that was struck, though no structural damage was found. No officers or civilians were injured in the incident.
Goode was arrested on at least six active warrants and other outright charges, police said. The Marion County Prosecutor's Office will make the final charging decision in the case.
What other people are reading:
- Richmond PD chief: Ofc. Seara Burton dies 5 weeks after being shot during traffic stop
- Queen Elizabeth II mourned by millions watching London funeral
- IU student riding electric scooter killed in hit-and-run; driver arrested for OWI
- Vigil held for mother killed in shooting outside day care on Indianapolis' near west side
- Indiana mother accused of abandoning 5-year-old son in Ohio pleads guilty
- Pat Sajak on hosting 'Wheel of Fortune': 'Getting near the end'
- Family of American says he was freed by Taliban in swap
- Indianapolis photographer helps bring smiles to childhood cancer patients