Breaking News
More () »

Police continue to seek, follow clues in Avon woman's death

Ferrell disappeared more than a month ago.

AVON, Ind. (WTHR) - "You know somebody out there has information," said Avon Deputy Police Chief Brian Nugent, speaking about the investigation into the death of 30-year-old Najah Ferrell.

The mother of two, who lived in Avon, disappeared more than a month ago.

She was last seen by her fiance and two sons before she headed out early that morning to start a new job at a local Panera.

Avon Police are hoping somebody calls them so they can figure who is responsible for Ferrell's death.

"We just have to find that individual and encourage them to have the courage to step forward to make that call," said Nugent.

This week, Avon police got back DNA test results from the state crime lab, confirming remains found last month in northwest Indiana belonged to the missing Avon mom.

A fisherman found a severed foot in a pond near Crown Point, Indiana.

So far, investigators can't tell from the remains, how Ferrell died. They're hoping the FBI in Quantico, Virginia might have more answers, when they examine them.

More than a week after Ferrell disappeared, a road crew found some of her belongings near I-65 and Lafayette Road. 15 minutes away, Ferrell's car was found in a parking lot off of 86th Street and Michigan Road.

"Our investigators have been working with people in the area to try and establish a timeline of when that vehicle arrived in that location," said Nugent.

Police confirm they've sent items from the car to the state crime lab for testing.

"That may help us determining in the process of what may have led to how that vehicle got there, who may have been in the vehicle," Nugent added.

Investigators say they've issued 75 search warrants and interviewed more than 50 people, with more to go.

So far, nothing has panned out. What they do know is that Najah Ferrell left her home on March 15th.

"Our investigation indicates that she did leave her residence in the early morning hours of the 15th," said Nugent.

What's police can't say though, is what happened to Ferrell after that.

Paid Advertisement

Before You Leave, Check This Out