INDIANAPOLIS — Firefighters made sure everyone — including the family's pet hamsters — safely escaped a house fire Wednesday night on the northwest side of Indianapolis.
Pike Township firefighters responded to a report of a house fire Sept. 28 in the 8800 block of Woodacre Lane, near West 56th Street and Raceway Road, around 9 p.m.
Firefighters arrived and saw the flames coming from the back crawlspace.
They were able to get the fire under control, while also rescuing the family's two pet hamsters.
Firefighters have not said what caused the fire.
Brownsburg Fire Territory, the Wayne Township Fire Department and Pittsboro Fire Department also assisted in the incident.
What other people are reading:
- Hurricane Ian leaves trail of devastation through Florida, downgraded to tropical storm
- Indiana state auditor: All automatic taxpayer refund checks printed and mailed
- Hoosiers encouraged to assign a 'legacy contact' for social media, cell phone data
- IDOH replacing test tracking with wastewater surveillance on COVID-19 dashboard
- Hoosier help headed to Florida as Hurricane Ian approaches mainland US