HENRY COUNTY, Ind. — A New Castle man was killed in a crash Saturday morning on State Road 109 north of Interstate 70 in western Henry County.
According to the Henry County Sheriff's Office, Clay Purnell was killed when his Honda Civic crossed the center while heading south toward I-70 and collided with a northbound SUV driven by Kourtney Ash of Lewisville shortly after 5 a.m.
Purnell's car came to rest in the ditch on the west side of 109. He was trapped inside the vehicle and suffered a severe injury to his left leg and fatal internal injuries, according to the sheriff's report.
He died at the scene before a medical helicopter arrived.
Ash's vehicle burst into flames and came to rest in a ditch on the east side of the highway. She was treated at Hancock Regional Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
What other people are reading:
- Texas woman who first filed Roe v. Wade speaks out on SCOTUS decision
- Pursuit ends in deadly crash, Trafalgar officer seriously injured
- Biden signs landmark gun violence compromise
- United Airlines pilots in line for big raises
- Overturning Roe: State leaders worry for potential impact on Black women, low-income Hoosiers
- Suspected terror-linked shooting in Norwegian capital kills 2, wounds 10