INDIANAPOLIS — A motorcyclist was injured Tuesday morning after being hit by a car on the north side of Indianapolis.
IMPD officers responded to a crash at East 86th and North Meridian streets around 1:40 a.m.
Police told 13News a motorcyclist was stopped at a red light on East 86th Street around 1:40 a.m. when a gray Hyundai going the same way hit him.
Police said the vehicle remained on the scene but the driver ran away.
According to police, the motorcyclist suffered serious injuries and was immediately taken to a hospital.
The investigation is ongoing.
What other people are reading:
- Pediatricians hopeful after Pfizer says vaccine is 'safe and effective' for kids 5 to 11
- Judge: Husband of missing Indiana native will go to trial for her murder
- Downtown road closures causing frustration for business owners
- IMPD: Fingerprint and DNA led to serial rape suspect
- Moms voice differing opinions on getting kids the Pfizer vaccine when it becomes available
- 'Not in my clients' best interest': Laundrie family lawyer cancels Tuesday's news conference
- Everything you need to know about the newly released iOS 15
- Indianapolis man rising through the ranks at Kroger store after being furloughed due to COVID-19 pandemic